In a world where we are constantly bombarded with choices & and options, be it fashion, lifestyle, entertainment or anything else we, we always tend to consume more than what we require. But the question here is that are these practices really beneficial for us? Or does it add any satisfaction or long term value in our lives?
We are all familiar with the saying “Quality over Quantity” but how many of us have actually inculcated and put this into practice? Living intentionally means making choices that enhance your life, rather than detract from it. It's crucial to be conscious of the items you purchase and bring into your home, prioritizing quality above all else.
How about instead of searching for the next best deal we invest in pieces that actually bring us joy? What if we make a conscious effort to buy better, something that will last for times to come.
In this blog, we will talk all about why quality is more important than quantity and how exactly can you incorporate this specially when it comes to fashion.
Why is quality over quantity important? Let’s find out.
1. Fine Quality Will Always Last Longer
Imagine this, you are going on a shopping spree every month or so, some few pieces altogether not costing too much but is extremely trendy and will wear out pretty soon because you will wear It quite frequently. On the other hand, a well-crafted, mindfully tailored piece of garment might cost a bit more but will last you for far longer.
Say you have bought a kurta set for under Rs. 1500, most likely you will replace it one after another or buy new ones very frequently. A fine quality kurta set costing a bit upwards will also guarantee you usage of good quality fabric and construction in it’s weaving and will definitely last for several years.
So in the long run, you end up saving more money as you will shop only when you require it and not because your clothing gets worn out fast & most importantly a habit of doing less wastage will get developed eventually. You can checkout our new collection – Tarang is all about ageless pieces crafted in the finest quality.
2. Invest in Classics As They Never Go Out Of Style
Investing in classic styles that never go out of fashion is a sure shot way of bringing quality over quantity in your lifestyle. Styles that have a classic appeal have stood the test of time and continue to be timeless, elegant, and flattering. They do not change with fleeting trends or fads, but rather follow the principles of good design and fit.
Classics are evergreen and will never be out of style no matter what trends might come and go. Also, you can always adapt them to modern times by experimenting either with the colours or the silhouettes or even the shape.
Here’s a few classics you can invest in:
- Kurta Set: A long, relaxed kurta set with a clean silhouette would be a great choice. It can have different necklines, cut or prints, could be something that you can pass on for both casual & formal settings.
- Saree: By now we all are well familiar with sarees being an evergreen & elegant choice. Anything from a basic to printed or embellished and more in the most versatile fabrics & borders paired up with a classic blouse can add value to your closets.
3. Multi-Purpose Clothing Is The Way To Go
Most importantly, choosing quality clothes is that once you have invested in a statement piece you can re-wear and restyle it in multiple ways. This way you end up creating a new look everytime!
But how do you do it? Such type of clothing that can serve multiple functions or purposes could be tagged as one. For example:- Jacket sets that can be worn with or without the jacket could work for different occasions be it a special gathering or toned down soiree. Styles that can be layered with other pieces like a cape or a shrug can create different outfits for different seasons or occasions. For example:- our workwear range is a testament of how a simple fit is suitable for almost all occasions & can be amped up for multiple purposes – work, leisure, parties and more.
Anything that can be mixed and matched with other items to create different combinations or contrasts is a guaranteed way of elevating your fashion game while you also get to be mindful of your expenses and the environment around you.
4. Quality helps you upgrade your style
There’s no uniqueness if you own mass-produced items just like everybody else. When you buy something that is absolutely special or statement, then it also ensures that it is not something which is owned by everybody. Quality items are often handmade or produced in low volumes.
So when you buy less but buy better, it also leaves you with a possibility to boasts your own style and creativity. An outlet to showcase your individuality.
When you invest in good-quality clothing, you tend to much more attention and be considerate of the design, it’s craftsmanship, and tailoring than you would to fast moving pieces. Additionally, quality clothing can reflect your personality and choices much better as compared to generic apparel items. By making sure you select clothing that completely suits your body type and features, you can build a wardrobe that is truly unique to you and makes you feel the most comfortable.
5. Good Quality Can Be Passed Down Through Generations
When it comes to our most loved and treasured possessions, we want them to be tucked away and later on even be passed down to the future generations. You would not wish to would wish to pass on our future generations with a flimsy piece of cloth, or a rundown piece that has been long thrown into the depths of your closet right? That's why it's important to invest in high-quality products that are built to last and made with thought.
Fashion that you could truly pass down for generations to come, premium shawls or stoles, sarees in silk, a well crafted angrakha suit or any ageless styles that are crafted with painstaking detail and a commitment to fine quality are great options to consider.
Now that you understand the importance of quality over quantity, here are some tips to help you make better shopping choices.
- Do a Brand Research – Before you buy anything without putting much thought, always try to read more about the kind of fabrics they use, any mindful practices of the brand or any reviews. A transparent brand is most likely to provide a great quality product too.
- Read Labels - Labels are like a treasure tove, look if any natural fabrics are used, that your garment is breathable & how to take care of it so that it lasts you in the long run. Read the instructions so you know how to wash & maintain the item easily.
- Check The Fabric – Always hold and feel the fabric before purchasing the garment in person. Avoid anything that feels rough, very thin or lousy to touch.
- Try it on - Without trying you’ll never know if the item fits & flatters you. Hence, quality tailoring is absolutely essential, whether there is enough space for your movement, ensuring that it’s not too tight or too loose are a few points to keep in mind.
- Set up a budget - Figure out a budget that works the best for you. Try splitting it into two, such as daily wear clothing where you might require more quantity while for pieces where you might wish to splurge should have another dedicated spend.
Quality or Quantity? By now, you might have a clearer idea of what will work the best for you. Remember, it's not always necessary to follow the mass route and think that spending a lot of money will guarantee you a high-quality product. What matters is getting items that are well-made and durable, so you can enjoy them for a long time.
If you’re searching for an addition just like this, then check out trueBrowns and what all we have to offer to help you build a quality wardrobe. To conclude, just ask yourself if that product you really love is worth investing in? Will you be wearing it often or if you actually need it? If it’s adding any value to your existing wardrobe and is adaptable for different occasions. If it checks all the boxes, then you have your answer, go ahead and for sure make it a part of your lifestyle.